Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Design is everything.............

After spending about 5years in architectural school, design seems to have caught up with me. All this while that I have been working here, Ihave worked on volumetric spatial visualisations and conceptual planning in healthcare facilities. It has been quiet a journey throughout. Whether i will continue this specialization or whether I diversify is as good a guess as anybody's. But the fact remain in the truth that i enjoy what I do to the hilt. There has been a bit is discontent in that area. I had read an article recently that 'design is everybody's'....... how true!! Everyone can design....... what we do as architects are simply implementing a vague idea of how a client would want his space to be. Thats where our creativity kicks in. But at the end of the day, all of us are on the same page.
I will probably put forth my views on this in future blogs. But for the moment here is some food for thought.............. We are all designers, in every sense of the word.

No comments: