Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lost Highway.....

I am back again, by now loyalist of my blog would understand that my mind works on its own quirks & hence the irregularity of blog entries......but i assure that it will be a fun read when the updates come by (atleast for the one or two of you...heh!). You guys would have also figured out by now that music has been an integral part of me n more often than not you will find blog entries relating to song titles or some or the other relation to songs....though i thoroughly suck at makin up my own songs (If you didnt figure these out yet then..well...DOH!!)
This title refers to the song 'Lost Highway' by Bon Jovi. While as a band their music struck me as youthful adoloscent n even mushy (treading the thin line between rock n pop rock rather), this is perhaps one of the recent road songs or highway song that i like. The mention here is pretty much in relation to the road trip i had last month to the south. road trips are enjoyable than the train trips by a mile (i should know.....trust me on this one). but the road trips with family would be a lot less fun considering the fact that they maintain serious log books of the trip and have a schedule for everything. this song was also featured on the OST-Wild Hogs, which is again about road trips. So thats the common realtion bit.
Mine was a good trip, as far as road trips go. Beaches, hills, valleys, mist, searing heat, chilling cold......it was all there. The drive was amazing...... amazing enough to forget the worries momentarily to be lost in the moment...... the true spirit of the Lost Highway. Makes much sense....
There has been a lot thats happend during my break from the blog entries... more on those in the successive blogs.... till then I leave you with the lyrics of Lost Highway.....See if you find the sense in it.....
"Lost Highway"
In my rearview mirror
My life is getting clearer
The sunset sighs and slowly disappears
These trinkets once were treasure
Life changes like the weather
You grow up, grow old or hit the road 'round here
So I drive, watching white lines passing by
With my plastic dashboard Jesus, waiting there to greet us
Hey, hey, I finally found my way
Say goodbye to yesterday
Hit the gas there ain't no brakes on the lost highway
Yeah I'm busting loose, I'm letting go
Out on this open road
It's independence day on this lost highwayI
don't know where I'm going
But I know where I've been
Now I'm afraid of going back again
So I drive, years and miles are flying by
And waiting there to great usIs my plastic dashboard Jesus
Oh patron saint of lonely souls
To tell this boy which way to go
Guide the car, you got the keys
Farewell to mediocrity
Kicking off the cruise-control
And turning up the radio
Got just enough religion
And a half tank of gas come on, let's go
I finally found my way
Say goodbye to yesterday
Hit the gas there ain't no brakes on the lost highway
Yeah I'm busting loose, I'm letting go
Out on this open road
It's independence day on this lost highway

No comments: